About the Association
"Early Birds" NGO aims to create a world in which every premature baby and its family receive the highest level of medical, psychological and social support for the exercise of their rights and freedoms.
"Early Birds" NGO is a public organization whose main activities are advocacy of the rights of premature babies and their parents, informational support, conducting training, community mobilization and raising awareness of the general public about the challenges of premature labor.
The key activities of our association are:
🚑 Education about the rights of parents of premature babies
🚑 Psychological support for parents of premature babies
🚑 Educating and informing physicians with the involvement of international best practice
🚑 Advocacy for the implementation of standards of health care for newborn children together with the Association of Neonatologists of Ukraine
🚑 Promotion of modern methods of nursing premature babies, in particular the Mother Kangaroo Care as the gold standard of nursing
🚑 Prevention of occupational burnout of neonatologists.
The Association promotes the connection between parents and specialists, state authorities and pharmaceutical companies to create an effective dialogue aimed at improving the quality of care for premature babies.
Completed and current projects:
- "Hotline" — information, legal, medical and psychological support for parents of premature babies;
- Zero-separation campaign — dissemination of information about the importance of not-separating parents and babies at birth;
- Support for the implementation of the health care reform, in particular, informational support for the implementation of the Medical Guarantee Programs from the National Health Service in the scope of follow up observation;
- November 17, the World Prematurity Day in Ukraine — an annual event to draw public attention to the challenges of premature birth;
- "Meetings with Love" — group therapy for parents who are in nursing care with their babies;
- "Prevention of burnout of doctors";
- "Miracle of the Octopuses" — a therapeutic project supporting parents of premature babies with the production of special knitted toys;
- Photo exhibitions, for example, "Dads in focus"
From 2019 to 2021, the "Early Birds" Charitable Foundation (CF) worked within the structure of the organization and aimed to provide material support for neonatal departments in accordance with the priorities of the Association of Parents of Premature Babies.
The projects implemented by the CF include:
We adhere to the following principles:
- "Superheroes" — purchase of equipment for nursing premature babies in the nursing units;
- "Gram of Love" — a project for the purchase of scales for neonatal departments;
- "Protect a neonatologist" — a project for the purchase of personal protective equipment for doctors in neonatal departments.
📊 Transparent reporting, meaning that we do not use private ban cards to raise funds and publish reports on the Association's web-page.
📊 We do not provide targeted help to a specific family, but contribute to the work of the public health system.
📊 Maximize resources for increased efficiency: we allocate our resources to those projects where we can be most effective and help to the most.
📊 Political non-involvement: the organization is not formally or informally part of any political/party structure, we do not work for the interests of individual politicians and do not publicly support them.
📊 We support the idea of community development throughout Ukraine to involve the greatest number of cities in the network.
📊 We support innovation in approaches, work methods and areas of activity and adopt the best experience of foreign and Ukrainian colleagues.
We are grateful for your support and are always happy to discuss individual projects of cooperation and interaction as part of one of our activities.